WHAT IS A ROTARY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION?
A Rotary alumni association is an active organization of former Rotary Peace Fellows, Ambassadorial Scholars, Group Study Exchange participants, Global and District Grant scholars, Vocational Training Team members, Rotary volunteers, recipients of Grants for University Teachers and Discovery Grants, Interactors, Rotaractors, Rotary Youth Exchange and New Generations Service Exchange participants, and others who experienced Rotary’s programs.
WHAT IS THE ROTARY ALUMNI NETWORK?
The Rotary Alumni Network is Rotary’s worldwide alumni association, which seeks to keep all alumni connected to Rotary. All alumni and alumni associations are part of the network.
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF AN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION?
- To establish and maintain a common bond among Rotary alumni
- To enable alumni to network with one another and with Rotarians
- To provide alumni opportunities for involvement in Rotary service
- To facilitate alumni membership in Rotary and Rotaract clubs, including e-clubs
HOW DO MEMBERS OF AN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION MEET AND COMMUNICATE?
Members of an alumni association decide how often to meet and when and where. They may also communicate between meetings by telephone, email, and social networking sites. It is strongly recommended that an annual meeting take place in conjunction with the local district conference.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF JOINING AN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION?
Alumni associations provide opportunities to maintain Rotary connections and support Rotary’s mission of Service Above Self:
- Networking with professional leaders who share the Rotary experience
- Serving on district selection committees for future program participants
- Serving as mentors to current and future program participants
- Speaking at Rotary and Rotaract club meetings and district events
- Participating in local and international service projects
WHAT ARE THE DUES OR OTHER COSTS OF MEMBERSHIP IN AN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION?
None, unless the association itself decides to establish a fee to cover operations or activities.
HOW MANY MEMBERS ARE REQUIRED IN ORDER TO FORM AN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION, AND HOW IS IT STRUCTURED?
There is no minimum number of members required for an alumni association, although experience has shown that a good starting point is 15 members. Each alumni association elects its president and a secretary. They may also choose to have a vice president, treasurer, and Rotarian advisor. The association president serves as a liaison to the local Rotary community on a club and district level.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Rotary Alumni Network and alumni associations. You can also refer to the Alumni page on Rotary.org to learn more
Contact Rotex International